Quick Guide for Using Ez3D-i Simple Viewer Original and Simple Viewer Lite
Written on Jun 19, 2018
Locating the Data Set
To start the CD Viewer software you will need to first locate the sent data sets, either sent by CD/DVD, USB drive, or download depending on transport method.
- If CD/DVD was sent; simply insert into the CD/DVD into the CD/DVD drive of the pc. If an auto play window appears simply click the Run for the Simple Viewer Launcher, and skip to Choosing Viewer Type section below.
- In some cases, depending on how your auto play is setup in your PC; you might be prompted to open the disk to view the files instead as shown below.
- If opening from USB or other external drive, simply browse to the file directory/drive as shown below
- If downloading from FTP; please ensure the data set is downloaded to the PC locally and extracted if zipped and accessible as shown below.
Launching Simple Viewer
For this example guide section, all locations will be the “Test” folder as shown below.
- Using the file path shown below, run the SimpleViewerLauncher .exe.
Choosing Viewer Type
Once the Simple Viewer Launcher opens you will have the Simple Viewer Launcher splash screen.
Opening the Simple Viewer Original will open the native Ez3D-i viewer software.
Note: Increased system requirements exist as noted on the viewer select screen. Minimum Graphics Processing Unit or “GPU” or graphics card required, is the NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 or higher to use the next generation viewer. Use this when higher performance systems meeting the specifications are in use and when there are projects being included by the sending site.
If GPU does meet the requirement, the software will open the Ez3D-i Simple Viewer Original.
If GPU does not meet the requirement use the Simple Viewer Lite instead.
Opening the Simple Viewer Lite – will open a lighter version that does not require as high of a performance system; however it is limited to only displaying and viewing the dicom. Any previous case work up sent by the originating office will not work with Simple Viewer Lite.
- When opening the Simple Viewer, If matching version of Ez3D Plus is already installed the software will open the viewer normally.
- If previous version or no version is installed, an installation will start and will be required to view the dicom data.
- Click Next to start the installation.
If no version of Ez3D Plus CD Viewer program is installed, you will be prompted by the following message indicating that you will need to install the CDViewer.
- Click the Yes button to proceed with the installation.
If a previous version of Ez3D Plus CD Viewer program is already installed, you might be prompted by the following message indicating that you will need to upgrade.
- Click the Yes button to proceed with the upgrade.
- Click Install to proceed.
The installation will now proceed normally. Do not close or exit the windows during this process.
Once completed, simply click the Finish button.
Once the installation has completed and the Finish button is clicked in the previous screenshot; the Ez3D Plus Simple viewer will start automatically. If it does not, relaunch SimpleViewerLauncher.exe in the first steps to start the process over.