OpenDental supports bridging to both Easydent4 as well as EzDent-i. Please consult with your qualified IT consultant or OpenDental support,. the following guide is provided as a reference only and subject to change with out notice.
- Open – OpenDental software – be sure you are logged in as an administrator account.
- In the main menu, click Setup, Program Links. Double click on ‘EwooEZDent from www.ewoousa.com’.
- Check the Enabled box.Verify the Path of file to open. This bridge also supports EZDent-i. To run EZDent-i, replace the Path to open with:C:\Program Files (x86)\VATECH\EzDent-i\Bin\VTEzDent-iLoader32.exe.
- Double click on a row in Additional Properties to change settings.You can use the PatNum (enter 0) or ChartNum (enter 1) as the patient ID.
- Set up a clickable bridge button.Under ‘Add a button to these toolbars‘, highlight where to display the button.Enter the ‘Text on button‘.(Optional) Import an image to show on the button (22 x 22 pixels).Click OK.
Note: Use Local Path Override when trying to set up bridge on one workstation that has a different path then the one used above. Ex if Ezdent-I or Easydent 4 were installed in a different location path as these settings affect all Open Dental configurations. One setting for all PCs on network.